If you are thinking “Can I run a Business Online?” take a look at this article.
I have listed 5 key attributes I think are essential when Starting out Online.
It’s daunting when you first go Online, but it isn’t impossible. I had no Business experience, I wasn’t computer literate, my background was in the Clothing Industry so if I can do it then so can you.
When I first started I sat at my computer and thought “What do I need to start my own online Business?” It wasn’t just the Software that was the Challenge it was the Hardwear – Me – what kind of person do I need to be?
- Patience – you will at some point be banging your head on the desk. Logging onto my Laptop can be a challenge some days. You will need to put into place a System that will enable you to run a Business from home. What do I mean by a System? Applications like EzineArticles, Grammarly, WordPress (to name a few) There is so much information out there you really don’t know where to start. I found what I needed by trial and error. I googled what I wanted, signed up for what I thought was the best Application. A few didn’t match my requirements, so I logged out, deleted it and moved on. Eventually, the fog will lift, all will become clear and you will have a built a Business System.
- Love a Challenge – It’s like starting a jigsaw, eventually the pieces will fit into place (see point 1 above). Being an entrepreneur can be daunting if you have just started out. Most people are doing this alone and for the first time. You have to work hard to get known as the “Expert in Your Field or Niche“. Try askingyour local magazine or newspaper to publish an Article on a topic that is trending or relevant for the publication. Make sure you are offering Value rather than trying to Sell them something. You could go to national papers. Your local radio station might be interested in what you have to say. Get on Stage (way out of most peoples comfort zone) but once nausea has passed you have a captive audience and 15 minutes of fame and you never know who might be listening.
- Never Stop Learning – the Online world never sleeps and is constantly changing. It’s a challenge to keep up so take time every day to learn something new. It could be a Podcast downloaded to play at the gym or in the car (but please don’t fall asleep in either place!) a Self-improvement book for bedtime or one of the many (and I mean many) Free Online courses you can sign up for.
- Care about People – Your clients will get to “Know, Like & Trust” you when you give them Value, this takes time. Do Not and I mean Do Not go in feet first Selling your stuff..it won’t work, you will drive people away. Take the time to build a customer base that you can eventually Sell and Resell to, but they will only become customers if they Know, Like and Trust you. Offer Advice or ask them questions on how you can improve your service. Send out a Survey or Questionnaire asking “What are your top 5 issues?” Then answer these issues in a Fact sheet or Video via email.
- Communication – It’s all about Telling a Good Story – be it your own story or a product you are selling. Know your Product inside out, the good the bad and the ugly. Be honest if there is a feature that could be improved upon. Learn how to write and get good at it. Make sure you are on the Social Media Platform that your customers are on, and the ones that best suits your product or service. Don’t try to be on them all! Choose 2 at first then expand as your knowledge and confidence grow. Start an email list, keep your customers regularly updated – again offer Value before you Sell.
Click here for a Free Video series:
This is where I plan to be … and I can explain how I’m going to achieve it ….If I can help you achieve the same then please contact me
Contact me via Skype: louisehunt2012 or email me by clicking here.
Earnings Disclaimer: While we make every effort to ensure that we accurately represent all the products and services reviewed on this website and there potential for income, it should be noted that earnings and income statements made on louise-hunt.com and its advertisers / sponsors are estimated only of what we think you can possibly earn. There is no guarantee that you will make these levels of income and you accept the risk that the earnings and income statements differ by individual. As with any business, your results may vary, and will be based on your individual capacity, business experience, expertise, and level of desire. There are no guarantees concerning the level of success you may experience. The testimonials and examples used are exceptional results, which do not apply to the average purchaser, and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. Each individual’s success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire and motivation. There is no assurance that examples of past earnings can be duplicated in the future. We cannot guarantee your future results and/or success. There are some unknown risks in business and on the internet that we cannot foresee which could reduce results you experience. We are not responsible for your actions. The use of our information, products and services should be based on your own due diligence and you agree that this website and the advertisers / sponsors of this website are not liable for any success or failure of your business that is directly or indirectly related to the purchase and use of our information, products and services reviewed or advertised on this website.